Sunday, October 21, 2012

Trying/ A.M.E.

{photocredit:theballerinaproject}
Today I have two poems, I wrote them both a while ago, but I thought I'd share... 



Trying:
I know you said "be patient," "trust me,"
and I do...
but I'm getting scared.

These trenches being dug by silence
reminiscent of the last siege
in which my heart came out far from
unscathed.
And sure, maybe I should have learned by now not to care so much!
but all I'm doing is searching
for someone who won't want to return me.
However merchandise cannot dictate what a consumer wants.
and in fearful silence that's what I've become
merchandise...
reverently silenced  
by the fear of what I could loose
and
the memory of that which I already have. 
 

 A.M.E
these pages I've filled with your name.
a heart tilled over by wrongful blame...
if only memory was phased,
by the extinguished flame.   

No comments:

Post a Comment