Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding



{Photo Credit: That 1960's Chick}

                        Well, it happened! They kept the world waiting for eight years, and now it will go down in history as one of the most elegant, intimate, and beautiful weddingsever. And as I stayed up all night and watched the whole affair unfold  on my TV screen I couldn't help but feel an immense sense of excitement, and hope. Excitement for Brittan, for the people, for the Windsors, of course for Will and Kate (whom I should probably refer to as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge now), and even for Canada. I was filled with hope for not just for Brittan, and Canada, but for the entire world and its future. Many people laughed when I told them I was planning to stay up all night to watch the posh affair and exclaimed how silly it was for people to be all worked up about the marriage of two people who have no direct link or effect on their lives. However I can tell you that though I have no direct political or other connection, correlation, or link (besides being Canadian) with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Royal family or the Middleton's, I felt as though I did as I watched the Middleton's hand over their daughter not only to William but also to the entire country and the Commonwealth.   



{Photo Credit: That 1960's Chick}


                 And probably like every young female who watched the wedding, I was filled with hope and excitement for the day when my own wedding rolls around. And when Kate stepped out of the Rolls-Royce and we got the first look at her dress I was reminded of an experience that happened to me just last week. I had went with a very dear and close friend to pick up here grad dress at a local bridal boutique. As I stood outside the dressing room waiting for her to try it on I looked around the shop at all the gowns and was overcome with the just how amazing it was that I was there with a friend I had known since birth getting her grad gown. I was sure that we had thought of this day many times when we were younger, I remembered dreaming with her about one day going to the same school. And as I watched dreams from my childhood take form, I looked around the shop at the wedding gowns and started to think about the occasions that were to come in the next seventeen/ eighteen years of our lives... high school graduation, university, graduation from university, marriages, and children. I was overcome with the prospects of the future, and how quickly the last eighteen years have flown by. Her dress was (is) lovely, and as we left the store, garment bag in hand I said isn't it crazy to think that likely in the next ten years we could be back looking for wedding gowns?



{Photo Credit: ACTUStar}


So anyways that was my moment of reminiscence. The Royal Wedding was beautiful and if you didn't watch it live early this morning, I would strongly suggest that you try and catch one of the replays of it later today!


{Photo Credit: abreakingnews}




~Adrianna



 And they all lived Happily Ever After ;D
{Photo Credit: Getty Images}


No comments:

Post a Comment